Monday, March 23, 2009

Roast Chicken with Apples, Rosemary & Thyme

Oh HELLO FO!!!!! Daaaaaaaamn! And I thought Thai Coconut Shrimp was a safe argument for food being better than sex! OH UH-UH! NO! If EVER there WERE that argument, this dish would win that argument forks down! Mmmmm! My head is still spinning from the experience! WOW!

My whole apartment was filled with these tantalizing aromas teasing and beckoning me back into the kitchen and oh, I was SO there! But when I tasted it...OMG! I was like Mmmmm!....Mmmmm!....Mmmmm! I just couldn't stop saying Mmmmm! The first thing that came to mind was OMG! I better get a picture of this before I eat it all, LOL! The flavors were literally exploding in my mouth! The chicken was exceptionally moist and tender, the apples juicy and not too sweet, just right. The broth? OMG! The broth was off the richter scale folks! Yah, HELLO FO!!!

Hold up! Bring that curtain back up! Rosemary and Thyme you come on out here and take a bow! You brought it all together and daaaaaaaaaamn, you have me wonderin' what you'll do for an encore! Recipe to follow below.

Roast Chicken with Apples, Rosemary & Thyme

Ingredients:
3 x local apples, peeled, quartered, cored and sliced 1/8" thick
3 x onions, peeled and cut into large chunks (I diced mine)
1 head garlic, peeled cloves
Salt and pepper to taste
3 sprigs fresh rosemary (you can use the dry if you need too)
3 sprigs fresh thyme (you can use the dry if you need too)
1/2 cup apple cider (I used apple cherry cider)
1 roasting chicken (I used boneless chicken breasts)

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Place the apples, onions and garlic in a roasting pan large enough to hold the chicken.
Season with salt and pepper and add rosemary. Toss well and pour in the cider.
Season the chicken well with salt, pepper, and thyme and place on top of apples.
Cover loosely with foil and roast in oven until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest
part of the thigh reads 180 degrees, about twenty minutes per pound.
Serve with french bread and your favorite red wine!~

This amazing recipe creation is courtesy of Food Network Canada's Chef at Home, Michael Smith.
Says Michael about this recipe:
A recipe is merely words on paper; a guideline, a starting point from which to improvise. It cannot pretend to replace the practiced hand and telling glance of
watchful cook. For that reason feel free to stir your own ideas into this dish. When you cook it once, it becomes yours, so personalize it a bit. Add more of an ingredient you like or less of something you don't like. Try substituting one ingredient for another. Remember words have no flavor; you have to add your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment